Bright future ahead for health information management BPO in 2015

Bright future ahead for health information management BPO in 2015

Julie Pearl Published on March 20, 2015

female-healthcare-professional
In light of recent news about the Philippine business process outsourcing (BPO) industry s soaring revenues for 2014, experts have high hopes for last year s top performing segments, particularly the health information management (HIM) sector.

According to IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) chair Danilo Sebastian L. Reyes, HIM has bright prospects, given the 10th revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) currently taking place in the United States.
“If we capitalize on that opportunity, the growth of the Philippine healthcare information management industry will really shoot up,” Reyes said.

The US, being a major HIM market for Philippine BPO companies, could open vast opportunities to companies that provide outsourced medical services needed in revamping the US medical coding system.

American companies account for 77% of the total clientele being served by Philippine-based BPO firms while the other 23% composes mainly of businesses from the Asia-Pacific.

healthcare-professional-holding-tablet-health-information-managementReyes further noted how 2014 marked significant milestones for the industry. Aside from sustaining a double-digit growth, the BPO sector also attained the one million manpower count.

The said year has also been particularly fruitful for the HIM segment, as it was the time when healthcare and pharma outsourcing boomed in the Philippines. In 2013, HIM outshone other outsourcing segments by growing the largest in terms of revenue.

Reyes continued that if strong contenders like the HIM and call center segments continue their performance, plus the traction that budding segments (gaming, animation, non-voice, etc) are gaining, the industry will likely hit the estimated $21.3 billion revenue mark and 1.18 million employment count.

As one of Open Access BPO's content writers, Julie Pearl shares her BPO knowledge through her blog posts, research papers, and other resources. She writes about outsourcing news and call center management tips and insights.

Leave a Reply

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO2 hours ago
It's been reported that strong workplace cultures prompted 4x increase in revenue growth and annual returns in many companies.

What's your partner #CallCenter's culture and how can you tweak it to drive up #productivity and #EmployeeEngagement? | https://buff.ly/39AYYbg

----------
Grow with an #outsourcing firm that thrives in its diverse work culture. Grow with us: OpenAccessBPO.com/get-started

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO1 day ago
Measuring and improving on your customer effort score must be one of the main priorities of managers and #CustomerSupport providers. | https://buff.ly/39XPKG7

----------
Nip #CustomerChurn in the bud and ensure #BrandLoyalty with seamless 24/7 multilingual support: OpenAccessBPO.com/get-started

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO2 days ago
Build a #mobile #CustomerService strategy that works. You'll know your mobile strategy works if you've achieved these key features: https://buff.ly/3sDYLdS

----------
Contact us today For #multichannel #CustomerSupport that works: OpenAccessBPO.com/get-started

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO3 days ago
#CallCenters must understand their customers' unique communication styles so they can assist them more effectively. Here are 4 typical communication patterns among customers and some tips on how to handle them: https://buff.ly/39w7ybm

----------
Open Access BPO knows your customers. For proactive #CustomerSupport, contact us: OpenAccessBPO.com/get-started

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
#CustomerService
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO3 days ago
#CallCenter leaders play a central role in helping campaigns grow. Team leaders especially are responsible for the progress and the quality of service that #CustomerSupport agents provide the brand's customers.

Here are the 5 biggest enemies of great leadership (and a few tips on how to be a good leader): https://buff.ly/3M5iMC0

Find great call center agents and team leaders to manage your brand's growth when you partner with Open Access BPO: OpenAccessBPO.com/get-started

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO4 days ago
Personalized solutions empower brands to provide high-quality support to their customers and their growing needs.
With the help of a capable #CallCenter, you can be sure these areas are being covered: https://buff.ly/3sCjnTS

----------
Build your hyper-customizable #CustomerSupport, #BackOffice, or knowledge-based support program with Open Access BPO: OpenAccessBPO.com/get-started

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
#CustomerSupport
Open Access BPO