CRM by the numbers: How you see it vs. how you use it

CRM by the numbers: How you see it vs. how you use it

April 7, 2015

businessman-holding-hands-with-people
A good customer relation management (CRM) software is becoming a staple component in most companies today. Not only can it organize your interactions with clients, it can also boost profits by automating and streamlining processes of key departments such as customer support, sales, and marketing.

Both expanding and established businesses can benefit a lot from the added efficiency and convenience that CRM software can bring both to their employees and customers. This may make one think that a customer relationship system is integrated into the overall operations of most companies nowadays. However, figures gathered by Microsoft Dynamics are saying otherwise.

How important is CRM?

business-using-virtual-touch-screen-with-business-partners-in-the-back

Almost 90% of companies says that automated management of customer data and interactions between them and their clients is extremely important. But out of the total population of brands using a CRM software, only 64.4% is doing data management right. The remaining 35.6% is having difficulties in this area, while 19.4% supposes that CRM is simply a vessel for storing information.

While the system is indeed used for keeping crucial details about clients, it can do a lot more than collecting and tracking transactions. Get the most out of your CRM software by using the data gathered there for analyzing trends, improving service quality, and fortifying your marketing strategies.

Who should use the program?

A whopping 81.9% of business leaders believe that privacy is of top importance in customer relation management. Even so, only 22.2% of them have a definite person in charge of data privacy.

Yes, CRM unifies client databases of different departments and synchronizes activities for every approved person in a company to see and review. Still, customers should be grouped according to certain factors such as transactions type, location, or departments handling them. Doing this works in two ways: first is that units get to focus on the particular account assigned to them, and second is that sensitive information gets to be protected and have limited access.

How does the software improve customer experience?

Ninety percent of experts believe that individual communication is crucial in CRM. But the fact that only 22% of businesses give customers individual treatment through their software contradicts the general belief.

Automation does make processes faster and more efficient, but this shouldn’t be achieved at the expense of personalized experience. Customers should still get the type of service that suits their unique needs regardless of the platform they receive assistance. Your CRM software should be used mainly for elevating customer satisfaction, not simply to alleviate data overload within the company.

As one of Open Access BPO's content writers, Julie Pearl shares her BPO knowledge through her blog posts, research papers, and other resources. She writes about outsourcing news and call center management tips and insights.

Leave a Reply

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO1 day ago
User-generated content may provide marketing opportunities, but they can also affect your #brand reputation. Amp up your #ContentMarketing strategy while ensuring those content submissions comply to ownership policies with an expert #ContentModeration team: https://zcu.io/5Arf

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO1 day ago
Looking for a #ContentModeration solutions provider? Check out these different moderation options before tapping an expert to manage your website or community forum: https://zcu.io/rIx0

#WeSpeakYourLanguage #Outsourcing
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO2 days ago
A Microsoft study revealed that 21% of customers hate having to contact brands over and over regarding the same concern. Follow these 8 #CustomerService tips to reduce repeat complaints! https://zcu.io/dGT5

#WeSpeakYourLanguage #CustomerSatisfaction #CustServ
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO3 days ago
There are two types of #CallCenter agents for businesses looking to outsource: the #generalist and the #specialist. Get a closer look at their strengths to determine which type can help you deliver superior multilingual #TechSupport: https://zcu.io/ckQi

#WeSpeakYourLanguage
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO4 days ago
Prevent cancellations and help your #CustomerService team retain customers with these #CustomerRetention strategies. Here's how: https://zcu.io/b7hc

#WeSpeakYourLanguage #CustomerExperience
Open Access BPO
Open Access BPO1 week ago
Call center shrinkage negatively affects businesses. Follow these tips to manage #CallCenter shrinkage effectively and boost #EmployeeProductivity: https://zcu.io/3omD.

#WeSpeakYourLanguage